Land Acquisition and Entity Formation
Assisting Massachusetts Real Estate Developers
Proper planning under the guidance of experienced land use and zoning attorneys can anticipate potential barriers to real estate development and expedite the permitting process.
The law firm of Phillips & Angley, Attorneys at Law, counsels residential and commercial developers in Eastern Massachusetts including Plymouth, Barnstable, Norfolk, Middlesex, and Bristol Counties.
We facilitate land acquisition, advise on land use planning, and protect individuals from liability by forming appropriate real estate operating entities.
Land Acquisition and Operating Entities
Our lawyers provide comprehensive services for acquiring land and preparing for development, and advises clients on the most appropriate form of land ownership, including:
- Negotiating and drafting purchase contracts for undeveloped land or existing properties
- Negotiating and drafting commercial leases, renegotiating leases with existing tenants or obtaining commitments and lease agreements from new tenants
- Examination of existing zoning and land use laws and the need for special use permits, variances, site plan review or rezoning of the property
- Residential and commercial subdivision plans in accordance with Massachusetts law and local regulations
- Environmental permitting and compliance, including under state and local wetlands laws and board of health regulations
- Due diligence and property closing
- Planned phasing of land development
- Business entity formation for owning and managing real property, including trust, corporation, limited liability company (LLC), and limited liability partnership (LLP) form of ownership
Contact a Boston Real Estate Development Lawyer
For an initial consultation, contact our knowledgeable real estate lawyers at 617-892-4391 or inquire via our online form.